Our Dental Hygienists are university trained professionals, who focus on disease prevention through education and clinical treatment.
Your Dental Team at Dimos Dental & Facial Aesthetics
Comprising a vital part of the dental team, hygienists:
- Collate patient information to facilitate a complete and accurate treatment plan
- Assess, document and treat periodontal periodontal conditions (gum disease)
- Detect problems with tooth structures such as decay, cracking, acid erosion and wear from tooth grinding
- Take diagnostic imaging to aid in diagnosis, including xrays, infrared images (Diagnocam) and digital colour images
- Screen for soft tissue abnormalities, including Oral Cancer Screening
- Educate patients as to how best take control of their oral health and avoid future negative dental outcomes
- Perform whitening procedures
- Take dental mouldings or impressions
Contact Dimos Dental & Facial Aesthetics To Learn More
A Dental Therapist is the title used to describe a dental practitioner who has trained to perform general dentistry including examinations, diagnosis, fillings and tooth removal, often with a patient age limitation, dependent on their institution of education.
Finally, an Oral Health Therapist is qualified as both a Dental Hygienist and a Dental Therapist.