Crowns, Veneers & Bridges in Melbourne's CBD
A crown or "cap" is placed over a broken down or cracked tooth to strengthen its structure whilst simultaneously improving aesthetics. A crown is shaped like a tooth and covers the portion of the tooth that lies above the gum.
Other reasons you may need a crown include:
- To protect a worn down tooth
- To minimise risk of breaking a tooth after Root Canal Treatment
- To mask discoloured teeth
- To improve the shape and misalignment of teeth
Bridges replace a missing tooth or teeth. Crowns are placed on the neighbouring teeth to connect and support a porcelain tooth in the gap.
Some benefits of replacing a missing tooth include:
- Restoring your smile and confidence
- Restoring your facial tissues
- Restoring your ability to chew and speak properly
- Preventing neighbouring teeth from moving
Another option for replacing a missing tooth is implant placement, for more information on implants please visit implant page.
Porcelain veneers are a very effective restorative procedure to rectify teeth that are stained or discoulored, chipped, crooked or have gaps between them. The thin laminate smoothes out any imperfections and help to beautify the teeth.
Usually made from a thin layer of porcelain, they are carefully crafted by the dentist and fabricated by the dental ceramist, to suit the individual patient’s smile. The tooth is minimally prepared, which means a very thin layer of the tooth may be removed or roughened for maximum adhesive and aesthetic accuracy or perfection. They are bonded using the most modern adhesive techniques, to the front surface of your teeth.
If you want to capture the look you have always wanted with only minimal disturbance to your tooth surface, porcelain veneers are an ideal solution.
Porcelain Veneers are used to improve the aesthetics of your smile for a variety of dental issues, including:
- Replacing old, unattractive veneers
- Straightening crooked teeth without the use of orthodontics
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Restoring broken-down or worn-down teeth
- Improving the appearance of badly discoloured teeth
Root Canal Treatment in Melbourne
Root Canal Treatment is when the nerve inside a tooth becomes infected, most commonly but not always causing pain, requiring the removal of the nerve in order to save the tooth.
This is usually carried out over a few appointments to allow the infection to completely resolve.
Signs and symptoms that a tooth may require root canal treatment include:
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food or drinks
- Spontaneous pain, often worse at night
- Swelling of the gum or facial tissues around the tooth
- Presence of pus around the tooth
- Pain when pressure is applied to the tooth or when chewing
At Dimos Dental we value retaining your own natural teeth if and when possible. There are many reasons as to why you may need restorative work. Anywhere from a broken tooth, decayed tooth, a filling that needs replacement to a missing tooth that needs replacement by an implant or bridge. In many cases restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry can overlap.