COVID 19 Info
In light of the global developments and public impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Dimos Dental Team are indefinitely employing additional protocols and policies to safeguard our patient community and our team of dentists in Melbourne.
We appreciate that this is a unique and evolving situation in Victoria and a stressful time for all, and we want you to know that we are doing everything we can to support you, your safety and your dental health during these challenging times. We also want people to be able to continue their health care at such an important time without disruption.
We can assure you that our Melbourne CBD dental practice is accessing the most up-to-date information daily from reliable sources including the Australian Government Department of Health, World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Australian Dental Association (ADA).
Rest assured, based on current guidance, our practice is open and operating as recommended.
In this uncertain time we urge our community to act with care and compassion as we consider how we move about the world. Take precautions to protect yourself and each other.
Please contact the practice right away if any of the following applies to you or an immediate family member;
You have traveled outside of the country in the last month.
You have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms.
You have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus.
You or a close contact are awaiting results from Covid testing.
You are undergoing a 2 week isolation period.
We are happy to rearrange bookings for patients who feel unwell or suspect they may have COVID-19. If you are unsure of your risk, please contact your GP or the COVID-19 hotline on 1800-020-080 (24hrs, 7days).
Sterilisation and Pathogen Control
- Our dental clinic always maintains the highest cleanliness standards and sterilisation protocols using ADA-approved disinfectants and/or the barrier method to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- We use medical-grade disinfectants and cleaners shown to eliminate bacteria and viruses.
- All instruments are sterilised using ADA-approved methods between each patient. All instrument sterilising autoclave units are equipped with indicators that show they have reached the proper temperature, vacuum and pressure during the sterilising process.
- Many of our instruments and supplies are designed for single use. Once used, they are immediately disposed of safely.
- Sterilisation equipment is maintained and certified regularly.
- Common areas like reception desks, public toilet, and consultation areas are all regularly cleaned to prevent disease spread outside of the treatment room.
- We have safety protocols in place in the event that our patients or dental team are exposed to coronavirus.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call our clinic.